Watch the streets light up and be entertained with our Christmas lights switch-on at 4.30pm.
From 3.45pm, street entertainers will wow the crowds with music to delight all.
From brass, to samba, to pop, the streets will be filled with music. The ever popular Drumming Santa’s will make an appearance and look out for the colourful Shanti Garuda Bird.
The spectacular lantern parade, which features 600 children from 12 local schools, will start at Community Square at 4.30pm when the Gravesham Christmas Tree is lit up by the Mayor of Gravesham, Councillor David Hurley.
As the parade walks through the town the Christmas lights will turn on and sparkle. The parade will walk through Windmill Street into New Road, taking in St Georges Shopping Centre before ending up at Gravesend Borough Market for an amazing light show of Fire and Thunder.
Late Night at the Market
As the light show ends, the market opens up for an evening of festive entertainment, shopping and food,
• Christmas market stalls and crafts
• Entertainment by Miss Vintage
• Invicta Bar for festive drinks
• Street food from the market’s kitchens
Food at the Market
Gravesend Borough Market has some great food options to tantalise your taste buds.
• Smoke, serves a variety of meat dishes such as ribs, steaks, brisket plus sides and fries.
• Waipoua Vegan Food, serves fresh homemade vegan food, protein smoothies and cakes.
• Pad Thai Live, offers Thai street food with fresh ingredients, homemade sauces, cooked live in a
sizzling wok as you watch.
• Masala Shack, serves authentic Indian street food.
Meet the Cast of Peter Pan
Watch out for the hook but come and get a selfie with thecast of The Woodville panto.
They will be at the market from 5.30pm at The Christmas Experience in the market.
Finally, take a wander down to LV21, the red light ship located on the river at St. Andrew’s Gardens and see their magical Christmas lights.
The Christmas lights switch on event is funded via Cohesion Plus, who received a Grant Award from Arts Council England, Kent Equality Cohesion Council and Gravesham Borough Council.
Christmas tree sponsors: Eastgate and Hatten Wyatt