As tourism begins to open up across England in line with the government’s guidance , we are encouraging responsible travel that makes a positive impact on our local communities.
“Escape the Everyday” is the latest campaign from Visit England to encourage everyone to explore the beautiful, fun and unique places that could be right on our doorstep. By escaping the everyday, UK people can have a well-earned break from the lockdown day-to-day and enjoy something a bit different.
Of course, some measures are still in place, and will be for some time. This is why Visit England and Visit Gravesend are encouraging visitors to Escape the Everyday… Responsibly.
This means still getting out to enjoy all you want to, but keeping some small things in mind to ensure you keep yourself and others safe.
Here are just some ways you can Escape the Everyday responsibly:
- Plan and book ahead. If your plans change, remember to cancel in good time so your table or room doesn’t go to waste.
- Respect, protect and enjoy nature and the great outdoors.
- Avoid tourist hotspots and check out the area’s hidden gems instead.
- Be kind to staff and locals, and support local independent businesses where you can.
- Follow social distancing rules, wash your hands regularly and wear face coverings where necessary.
- Look out for the We’re Good to Go mark – it shows businesses that are operating in line with government COVID guidance.