Find out ways to reduce your carbon footprint, save money, cut energy costs and live more sustainably at our free event.
Do you want to ….
reduce your carbon footprint?
save money and cut energy costs?
live a little more sustainably?
Then come along to our resident event and meet a number of organisations and professionals who can help. With information and demonstrations ranging from recycling and growing your own to newer technologies including heat pumps and electric vehicle charging, there’s something for everyone!
University of Greenwich will also be giving a free talk about sustainable living; including information about how houses ‘breath’, the importance of considering the right materials for your home and looking at different heating, cooling and smart systems – and some quick wins. They will also be on hand to answer questions
We will also have a number of FREE activities including:
Bicycle MOTs & repairs
Bring along your bicycle and have a free MOT with a qualified mechanic from Cycles UK. They will also be able to help with minor repairs such as inner tubes
Make do and Mend
Whether you need a repair to a school uniform, new button on a jacket or a patch on a pair of trousers … bring it along to the event and our seamstress will aim to repair it for you for free while you wait (only minor repairs can be catered for at the event).
Help from our Horticulture specialists around growing your own, composting, caring for plants or rewilding
Information and guidance around recycling in Gravesham. Our team will guide you through how best to recycle, and we will be running a series of information films showing you how recycling is processed once we have collected it. You can even bring along your old, small electrical recyclables such as kettles, toasters, blenders (size must fit in a bag for life) and we will put those into our new recycling scheme!
There will be representatives from:
- Gravesham Borough Council – Private Housing, Waste & Horticulture Teams
- Citizens Advice North & West Kent – Information and advice on reducing energy usage and cost
- Southern Water – how to reduce water usage and save on your bills
- E-On – how to reduce energy bills and make homes more sustainable including smart meters
- Vaillant UK – information about heat pumps and renewable heating
- The Kensa Group – information about heat pumps
- Carbon 3 Technologies – information on solar power, electric vehicle charging and heating systems
- Cycling UK – free bicycle MOTs and repairs during event
- Green Doctors – advice on how to stay warm, use your heating system efficiently and reduce costs